Monday 13 February 2012

Grammys Red Carpet 2012

The 54th Annual Grammy Awards was held in LA last night - here's my pick of the best and worst from the red carpet.

Best Dressed
Woman of the moment Adele picked up 6 awards in total. Despite the recent negative comments from Karl Lagerfeld about her size, she looked stunning in this black sequined Armani Gown. I particularly loved her make up and new blond hair with a take on old Hollywood glamour.




Next up is Kelly Osbourne wearing Tony Ford. Kelly got mixed reviews for her blue Zac Posen dress last month at the Golden Globes but I think she looks fab in this off the shoulder dress - very flattering and shows off her shape in all the right places.


Paris Hilton looked stunning and unusually elegant in this white Basil Soda fitted gown with gold embellishment and belt.


Some articles I've seen today have put Jessie J in the worst dressed category but I thought she looked great in this metallic Julien Macdonald gown - I think it captures her individual style and personality whilst is still fitting for the red carpet.


To round off the best dressed it can be none other than Rihanna in this Giorgio Armani black dress. The plunging neck line and thigh skimming slit ensured she looked smoking hot (as usual!). The back of this dress is stunning too!


Glamour tweeted today that Rihanna's new hair do is her best yet. I completely disagree and think this really lets the dress down... I think it looks too 80's and frazzled... the roots are awful and I can't help but think of Tina Turner! (rant over!)



Worst Dressed



This was the first photo I saw of newly single Katy Perry and I have to say I was disappointed by the blue lace gown by Elie Saab. I actually thought it made her look a bit frumpy - something I never thought I'd say about Katy! Fortunately this was one of three dresses she wore to this year's Grammys and I think she should have stuck with the gorgeous gold Gucci number she was snapped in later during the evening.



The last three celebrities have qualified for my newest category called Sack the Stylist. Take a look why...


Now I know Fergie isn't renowned for her great style but felt she deserved a spot on the worst dressed list for this neon orange lace couture dress by Jean-Paul Gaultier. Proof that designer doesn't always mean stylish in my book.


You'd think David and Kathy Guetta would be able to afford a decent stylist given how much they usually charge to get into their nights - F*ck Me I'm Famous at Pacha in Ibiza charges 70 Euro a ticket! What is that black astronaut inspired jumpsuit she's wearing?



Words can't even describe Nicki Minaj's outfit with Pope accessory... random, tasteless, feel free to add more!

Who are your favourites and worst dressed? What do you think to Rihanna's new look?

Lindsey


Photos sourced from TwinCities

2 comments:

  1. Adele looks like an ageing, portly Barbara Cartland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im loving Rihanna's blond locks. She can really pull off just about any hair colour. Jammy cow, ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!