Thursday 23 February 2012

Operation Nails SOS


I'd love to be able to share some Nail of the Day posts but the recent extreme cold has left me with really bad nail condition. Unless I'm taking extra care every day, I suffer with flaking nails and my thumb nails have a tendency to split very far down (see the second picture)

I realise these photos are nearly as offensive as that fungal nail advert that used to be on TV, so if you're of a delicate disposition I would look away now...





To support me in my quest for perfect nails I am going to use the following product regime:

Duri Rejuvacote Nail Strengthener
After mentioning my nail issues the other week, a colleague at work recommended this product. The marketing spiel states when used as a basecoat to start and then 3-4 times a week over your polish, this product aims to build up the layers of your nail. Duri Rejuvacote claims that when used correctly and consistently, it has an impressive success rate of 99%, and has such a large and loyal following including celebrity fans include Catherine Zeta-Jones, Jessica Simpson, Kate Beckinsale, Cheryl Cole and Rachel Stevens.

Elemis Frangipani Monoi Body Oil
I've had this product in my beauty collection for a while now and never seemed to get round to using it. However, following the recent launch of Elemis' new Pro-Collagen Hand and Nail Cream, they have released the Anti-Aging Perfect Hands Kit that includes this product. At the Elemis counter they advised me that as well as being great for the face or hair, the Frangipani Monoi oil is perfect to be used as a nail and cuticle oil so I have decided to incorporate it into my nail rescue regime.

Aveeno Hand Cream
I'm quite fussy about hand cream but this one claims "to moisturise for 24 hours, forming a protective glove and last through hand washing". It is also fragrance and paraben free so thought I'd give this one a try.



I will apply a new layer of the Duri Rejuvacote daily for 7 days over the existing layer, use the Elemis Frangipani Monoi oil twice daily (morning and evening) and use the Aveeno hand cream in the morning after I have showered and applied the oil. 

I'll come back in a week and let you know how I'm getting on...

Lindsey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!