Tuesday 21 February 2012

SS 2012 Trends: Sports Luxe

Following on from my post on Colour Blocking I wanted to share my other favourite easy-to wear trend for Spring/Summer 2012.

As the nation is gripped in Olympic fever (well still fuming I didn't get any tickets), fashion has gone Sports Luxe crazy.


Helmut Lang
Victoria Beckham

In non-designer speak that doesn't refer to functional sports wear but does give a nod to cuts such as racer backs, cut out sections (maybe not til I've got rid of the Christmas podge), go faster stripes and panelling as well as loose fitting trousers. The key difference is these designs are all created in luxury (looking) materials like silk, cashmere and neoprene.

H&M have once again gone designer and teamed up with Frida Gustavsson to create a Sports Luxe range. Here's a sneak preview...

Frida Gustavsson for H&M Summer 2012


I'm loving this simple top that I bought from Warehouse with the mesh shoulder detail available in black or grey (might show this in an OOTD soon)
Mesh Panelled Top - Warehouse £30

My absolute favourite high street take on this look is from Asos for £32 and is also available in blue and yellow. I may have to buy this one - love the back!


 
ASOS Body Con Dress with Zip Front - £32

This is a great take on the Stella McCartney dresses worn by Kate Moss and Yasmin Le Bon at her Winter Eveningwear show at London Fashion Week.


Kate Moss and Yasmin Le Bon wear Stella McCartney at London Fashion Week

Here are my other picks from the high street:


Bright Blue Cut Out Mesh Dress - River Island £20

Paprika Body Con Panelled Dress with Contrast Shoulders - Asos £23 in Sale

Paprika Cut Out Body Con Dress with Neon Strap - Asos £14.50 - SALE BARGAIN!


If bodycon isn't your thing then this could be a better choice - I love the colour combo of grey with neon piping.

Piped Detail Silk T-Shirt Dress - Warehouse £65


Would love to know if you'll be wearing Sports Luxe this season?

Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. Love that Paprika Cut Out Body Con Dress with Neon Straps but would have to go on a serious carbs ban before wearing it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!