Monday 19 March 2012

Elemis Power Booster Facial

I wanted to share with you another absolute staple in my regular skin care regime - the Elemis Power Booster Facial.

I started having these 3 years ago after a friend bought me a voucher for my birthday. Since then I have been going to Harvey Nichols either in Knightsbridge where I saw the wonderful Suzanne and following her recent leave to have a baby I've been seeing Harriet at the Leeds store.


I'm not saying that this is the perfect answer for everybody, but the Elemis products have really worked for my skin and as a result I've firmly bought into using the both the products and the facials as an integral part of my skin care regime.

Prior to the actual treatment, the Elemis consultant will conduct a complexion analysis using the SkinLab machine that takes a detailed image of one side of your face. You are then provided with a report that shows spots, UV spots and sun damage, wrinkles, texture, pores and porphyrins (bacteria) on the skin. I have this done every few months so you see the improvement in your skin over time. In addition to the report, you also get a skin and lifestyle programme print out that recommends products for both morning and evening that are tailored to your skin type.


Elemis Complexion Analysis Report

Elemis offer a number of different facials:
  • Pro-Collagen Quartz Lift - anti-wrinkle facial using massage techniques to help lift and firm the skin
  • Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing - Resurfacing facial to improve skin smoothness and leave complexion radiant
  • Modern Skin Facial - Designed for skin challenged by modern living - purifying treatment to remove toxins, regenerate skin cells and rebalance sebum levels
  • City Survival - Deep cleansing treatment to rebalance impurities and nourish the skin
  • Skin Radiance - Moisture boosting treatment
  • Only for Men - Cleanse, firm and hydrate the skin whilst removing the appearance of wrinkles

I tend to go for the Modern Skin Facial as this leaves my face beautifully moisturised, dewy and plumped up as well as feeling really clean and fresh. I try and book in every 4-6 weeks to keep my skin looking good - any longer than this and I do start to notice more imperfections and my skin develops a element of dullness.

  
The gorgeous treatment rooms in Harvey Nichols have a massage chair that you can have on for the duration of the facial and my absolute favourite part is the hot stone neck and shoulder massage that you get whilst the face mask is working! You truly feel pampered when you leave.


Treatment room Intelligent Massage chair

Harvey Nichols Leeds Elemis Spa Pod Treatment Room

Harvey Nichols offer a 3 for 2 deal on the treatments which works out at £30 for a facial, hot stone massage and full body chair massage. Now that is definitely value for money if you ask me! The Power Booster facial lasts around 40 minutes but you can pay extra for the full hour treatment.

Along with Harvey Nichols you can also get the facials in selected Debenhams and John Lewis but not sure if they offer the 3 for 2 deal. You can see full store list here.

I do use a lot of the Elemis products on a daily basis so will cover off my skin care routine in another post if you'd be interested in reading about that as well?

Do you include facials as a regular part of your skin care routine?

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!