Wednesday 14 March 2012

March Gig of the Month

Its been a tough call this month with so many great bookings but I've nearly settled on my gig of the month for March (yes I know its the 14th already!)

For those of you lucky enough not to work tomorrow or hardcore enough to rock up to work after three hours sleep, I'm going to suggest Flux at the Beaverworks in Leeds. I've still not made it down to one of these nights yet but I'm always tempted as they showcase some brilliant DJ and production talent and not always the most obvious names. Previous line ups include Bulgarian producer Kink and tonight features Vincenzo and Roberto Rodriguez and all for under a tenner.

If that's not enough to persuade you than have a listen to my the track that introduced me to Roberto Rodriguez:



Not heard this for ages and it still sounds bloody brilliant!

For the rest of us that like a solid 8 hours on a school night then its definitely something for the weekend. Afro Coalition are celebrating their 1st birthday down at the Wardrobe in Leeds with an impressive line up of house music veterans Karizma and Atjazz and JD73 live. With talent like this in the same room, trust me this one is going to be special! Prior to the gig, there is also an opportunity to meet Karizma and check out the artwork to his latest album as he is hosting a masterclass and Q&A session, however this is invite only so you will need to purchase a ticket in advance.

On a completely unrelated note to the usual beauty and music topics, but another love of mine nonetheless, I have to mention here another event I'm massively excited about. On Monday 19th March, my favourite tequila bar Neon Cactus (Call Lane, Leeds) is hosting London's Godfather of Burgers, Meat Liquor for one night only. You can't book tables but they will be serving from 5pm so get down there and queue - you'll find me waiting patiently at the bar with a Tommy's Margarita or two. What was I saying about not going out on a week night?

You can find Facebook details for all of the events at the following links:


Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!