Thursday 5 April 2012

April Gigs

Decided against doing a Gig of the Month post as there's so much happening in April that I couldn't possibly pick just one.


The extended Easter weekend means that there's a ridiculous amount of nights out to choose from to suit all musical tastes. Here's my pick of the best...


Tonight I'm off to the theatre (how cultured) to see Sister Act (ok so maybe not!) which has been running in the West End for a while now but has ventured up north for a few weeks. After that I'll be heading to the opening of new Leeds venue Arch 4 where house producers Waite and Armani will be kicking off the proceedings. Danny and Eddie as they are better know to me were responsible for this awesome remix of the Lana Del Rey smash Video Games.


If you've got tomorrow off I'd head down to the Leeds Warehouse where Lee Foss will be headlining the Jackathon. Lee is signed to Jamie Jones' label Hot Natured and produced one of my favourite tracks of last year Forward Motion. He'll be playing at 12:30am-2:30am and be joined by Watergate resident Heidi. This one will be great... if I'm still standing by then!


If these don't float your boat there's The Futureheads at  The Wardrobe and Emile Sande at the Leeds O2 Acadamy, where electronica legends Orbital will be playing tomorrow night.

Later this month you've got another two great gigs both at the Warehouse again - Art Department will be playing Back to Basics on 21st April, and the legendary Speedqueen returns on 28th April - tickets for this one sold out on the website in 3 minutes so hopefully see you there if you managed to get a ticket. Check out a mix from resident Tintin on my previous Weekend Hot Mix.

I like loads of different styles of music and aside from the the club nights there's a couple of live gigs I'm looking forward to later this month. Miles Kane is playing at the O2 Academy on 25th April - I caught him supporting Arctic Monkeys last year and can't wait to see a full set from him. The following night I'll be checking out Kwes, featured in my Track of the Week, at Brudenell Social Club.

Sorry if you don't live in or near Leeds... just wanted to share which gigs I'll be heading to this month!

If you live in London my recommendation for the month is The Roots at Basing House on April 12th. The night was started by Bushwacker (a favourite of mine since a very untraditional hen party last year at a dirty club in Greenwich!) and Richie Fingers and is all about playing original house music. The line "Everything you hear now. This is where it came from ..." explains what they are about and the DJ's will be showcasing some of the finest house music from a 25,000 record vinyl collection! This is the second monthly party they've thrown and I'd love to be there! You can find the facebook event page here.

Which night's out are you looking forward to in April?

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!