Tuesday 26 June 2012

Track of the Week: French Soul Party

Throwing an indie track in there this week as I'm over the moon to finally find a new band that makes me want to get stuck in down the front of a gig, bouncing up and down and singing at the top of my lungs.

Firm favourites of mine include Arctic Monkeys, Friendly Fires, Pigeon Detectives, Delphic, Fenech Soler... but its been a while since I've managed to find any decent "guitar" music as opposed to my usual house choice. My radio has been filled with whispy, warbling women or boring folky blah blah for far too long so I was as much relieved as excited to hear this track...

Apart from the obvious accent giveaway, the mention of "The Headrow" had me guessing that this was a Leeds band... not far off the mark, French Soul Party are actually from Holmfirth in Huddersfield so its nice to be supporting some local talent.



French Kissing is a perfect summer indie love song and the short 2 minutes 39 seconds forces me to hit repeat several times before I'm done with this one...

Lucky for us, this one is free to download from Soundcloud... just hit the button below.

You can find out more about French Soul Party on their facebook page or follow them on Twitter @FRENCHSOUL. Definitely hoping to catch these guys live soon!

Enjoy!




Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!