Saturday 13 October 2012

OOTD: Sunshine on a Rainy Day




Coat: Joy
Beaded collar top: H&M
Cardigan: George at Asda
Jeans: Miss Selfridge
Boots: Urban Outfitters

As a complete sun-lover, I'm definitely not one to embrace the winter season - the dark mornings, freezing cold, wind and rain definitely aren't massive selling points for me. So in order to soften the blow and make the transition into winter, I have treated myself to a new coat.

When i first saw this coat I really liked it but really wasn't sure even though it looked nice on. Its definitely different with the leopard print coat and cream faux fur collar. Whilst I love Joy, the only issue I have is that they still haven't stepped into the twenty-first century with their returns policy and only offer exchange or credit note. At £120 for the coat, I had to be 100% sure I was happy before I was willing to take it home. This was one of those items that I definitely had down as a man-repeller - girls love it but blokes would hate it, however my other half said it was different and he liked it... so I took the plunge and bought it.

I'm so happy that I did as every time I've worn it I've had nothing but lovely compliments or comments - so at least its getting noticed and makes a change from the usual black or navy.

I wore this out for a walk in the park today - hope you like the photos and the coat!

Have you invested in a new coat this season?

Lindsey

8 comments:

  1. Wow love the coat! Definitely worth the risk you look amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad I bought it now that its getting so cold :)

      Lindsey x

      Delete
  2. Looking great!! I also wanted to mention to any concerned readers that our credit notes are valid for 6 months, and you can have it transfered to a gift card which lasts for a year! This means that there's always plenty of time to find another Joy treasure if you ever do change your mind about a purchase! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for getting in touch! Good to know that the credit notes last so long but still would prefer a refund when its such a large investment. Definitely will bear this in mind for the future though...

      Lindsey x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty :) Are you looking for a new coat this Winter? Joy had some great choices...

      Lindsey x

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!