Friday 12 October 2012

Wedding #2 - The Ibiza Wedding

Back in June I was privileged enough to spend ten days out in Ibiza, enjoyed the clubs, the music and the beaches as usual. But this was no normal holiday as we were also spending time with my friends to celebrate the marriage of two of them.

After going to the most perfect marquee summer wedding I could imagine less than two weeks previous (you can see the write up and what I wore here), I was excited to be going to completely different and non-traditional nuptials.



Nick and George got married at Cap d'es Falco, a stunning beach restaurant near the southern most tip of Ibiza. Having spent time on the island nearly every year out of the last eight and recently getting engaged in Ibiza, I completely understand the magic of this place and why Nick and George chose to get married here.

The day was perfect starting with drinks - the white wine sangria was so refreshing in the heat. This was followed by a beautiful ceremony overlooking the most amazing view.



After more drinks at Cap D'es Falco, we headed to a seriously premium villa for the reception. The food quality matched the surroundings with a slap up barbeque with a little something for everyone - steak, lamb, fish - we really were spoiled for choice. And once again, all of this set on the back drop of amazing Ibiza views.







The bride and groom had chosen a simple beach theme for the finishing touches which looked great!



All that's left to show you is the outfit I wore. Mint was on-trend this summer, which was lucky given that I'd actually bought this dress the year before when I received the wedding invite - I knew it was perfect for an event in 30 degree heat and it certainly didn't let me down. I kept the outfit simple with some gold accessories and sandals, and of course the sunglasses were necessary!

Dress: Warehouse
Earrings and Ring: Topshop
Bracelet: Accesorize
Belt: H&M
Bag: New Look
Sandals: George at Asda
Sunglasses: Christian Dior

Me with the groom (left) and my groom to be! (right)
  Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsey - you look gorgeous in that mint dress - fabulous choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie! Couldn't believe my luck that I got this a year before the wedding - good planning...

      x

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!