Monday 21 January 2013

Kérastase Resistance Bain de Force Shampoo


'I can't grow my hair' or ' My hair just doesn't seem to grow' are moans and grumbles that I hear from friends and read from girls up and down the country all the time. I have been guilty of this myself in the past.

However, there is an answer to this common female problem, albeit a more than slightly patronising one.

Stop getting your hair cut.

Ok so nothing groundbreaking so far but please bear with me. If like me you have coloured and over-styled hair (mine is straightened or curled on a daily basis) then prolonging the visit to the hairdressers might be easier said than done.

You can find your erosion level here on the Kérastase website by completing a number of questions about your hair type as well as exposure to elements and different heat styling. My rating comes out at Erosion 3 - Fibre damage. Damaged and rough hair, breakage, split ends.

Spot on. My hair is thick but definitely has a tendency to feel straw like, dry and rough and I do get split ends when I know I'm due for a cut.

This review is the first in a two part of my must have products that have helped me leave a few more weeks between cuts each time by vastly improving the condition, look and feel of my hair.

Kérastase describe Bain de Force as 'a reinforcing and refreshing shampoo for weakened hair. Its strengthening formula will gently cleanse whilst adding body and vitality to leave your hair stronger and shinier and with improved health. Kérastase Bain de Force is formulated with Vita-Ciment which instantly rebuilds the internal substance of the hair fibre and Vita Topseal which mimics the hair’s natural cuticle layer and seals in the renewed strength. Your hair is left stronger, shinier and extremely supple.'

This shampoo is advised for erosion levels 1-2 but it was recommended by my hairdresser for my hair type because of how it rebuilds the hair fibres it would be perfect to help me grow out my shorter layers. My hair is very thick so I can only use it for a maximum of 1-2 washes per week because of how much it thickens and boosts my hair volume. I'd love to see what this can do for those of you who feel your hair that your hair is fine, thin and flat. They do actually make a specific Bain Volumactiv product that is designed for those with fine hair but I haven't tried this one so may be better if this is your hair type.

It smells lovely - I'd liken it to almost a watermelon sort of smell - not too sweet but a bit fruity. It lathers amazing well and you don't actually need a lot unlike some cheaper brands.
Depending on where you buy, this shampoo costs between £10-15 (current cheapest is £11.13 from Active Beauty). Whilst this might seem pricey for a shampoo, if you are a regular reader of my blog you'll know that I'm an advocate of products that deliver on what they say - for me that represents true value for money in that you are getting what you pay for. I'll definitely be repurchasing along with the conditioner that I've not tried yet.

For me this product has transformed the health of my hair and has enabled me to last up to 3 months without getting it cut. I'll be reviewing the second product that's helping me on my quest for the perfect wedding hair for next year soon...

What shampoos have you been impressed with and would recommend?

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love reading them all and I do take the time to reply so make sure you pop back!